Are you struggling to fix: KMode Exception Not Handled error in windows 10 or other windows OS.
Then this tech guide is one of the best and most detailed guides to fix this BSOD error on your computer screen.
This guide lists every step and method in complete detail to fix: KMode Exception Not Handled in windows 10.
You need to know what is this error and why is this error happening in your system.
KMode Exception Not Handled error results in BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) error in windows 10 screen.
You are doing something very important task and suddenly your system stuck in a system reboot and show this BSOD error on your screen.
It is very important to sort out this error.
There are different causes of this error in windows OS.
Different methods are available on internet to solve this error.
I try my best to sort out all possible causes and methods to solve this BSOD error in your computer screen.
Solutions To Fix: Kmode Exception Not Handled
1) Disable Fast Startup To Fix: Kmode Exception Not Handled
- You need to turn off fast startup in power options to fix KMode Exception Not Handled error in windows 10.
- This method to fix this error is the most easy and efficient.
- Follow path below to disable fast startup in windows 10.
- Control Panel => System and Security => Power Options => Change what the power buttons do => Change settings that are currently unavailable => Shutdown settings
- Uncheck the first option “Turn on fast startup (recommended)”
- Click on save changes.
2) Update Faulty Driver to the latest version To Fix: Kmode Exception Not Handled
- Update the faulty driver to the latest version by automatic driver updates in windows or manual update from hardware manufacturer’s website.
- Identity the faulty driver from BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death) error screen.
- Note the name of driver file, search file name on Google, you will find the related hardware of faulty driver file.
Automatic Driver Update Installation
- Now open device manager, follow path below:
- Control Panel => Hardware and Sound => Device Manager
- Click on Device Manager to open it.
- Locate the faulty hardware name from the list and right click on it.
- Select update driver and your faulty hardware driver will be updated to the latest version from windows update
Manual Driver Update Installation
- Go to the manufacturer hardware website.
- Search your driver name or hardware name on the website.
- Download the latest version of your faulty hardware and install it manually.
3) Disable / Remove Faulty Driver or Software
- If faulty driver or software is not available to the latest version.
- You can also disable or remove faulty driver software to fix KMode Exception Not Handled in Windows 10.
- Just identify the faulty driver or software name from the BSOD screen error.
For Removal of Faulty Driver
- To remove faulty driver, Just go to Device Manager (Follow path below)
- Control Panel => Hardware and Sound => Device Manager
- Locate your faulty driver and just disable or remove it from your system to correct this KMode Exception error from your system.
For Removal of Faulty Software
- To remove faulty software or newly installed software from system.
- Just follow the path to open “Uninstall or Change a Program”
- Control Panel => Programs => Uninstall a Program
- From the list below, Just uninstall or remove your corrupt software from your system to fix KMode Exception Not Handled in your system.
4) Repair Corrupted System Files To Fix: Kmode Exception Not Handled
- Repair corrupt system files to fix KMode Exception Not Handled in windows OS.
Repair by Check Command From Drive Properties
- Open My Computer / This PC from your desktop.
- Right click on windows default drive (mostly C drive) and select properties from the end.
- Go to second tab “Tools” and click on first option “Check”
- Due to default windows installation driver, system ask you to run a system scan on drive after rebooting system.
- Just confirm it and when you reboot your system, check now command will scan you C drive and fix all disk and system errors.
Repair by CMD Command
- You can also run s system check files command on C Drive by CMD command prompt.
- Command prompt is a great utility in all versions of windows OS.
- Just type Win Key + R to open Run box on your desktop.
- Type CMD to enter command prompt.
- Type this command “Sfc /Scannow” without commas.
- Schedules scan will start on C Drive after rebooting your system.
- This scan will fix all disk errors and also repair system files to eliminate any error in windows system fiels.
5) Hardware Incompatibility
- If you installed a new hardware to you system, you need to make sure that your newly installed hardware is compatible with your Windows OS or not.
- Mostly newly installed power supply to the desktop computer and laptop computer causes these types of BSOD errors.
- For a complete list of windows 10 specifications, check Microsoft website.
- If there is any incompatible hardware installed, remove it or replace it to solve this error “KMode Exception Not Handled” in windows 10
6) Update BIOS to the latest version
- KMode Exception Not Handled error in windows 10 is may be due to outdated BIOS version of your system.
- You need to update your BIOS to the latest version.
- Every system manufacturer has different method of updating BIOS to the latest version.
- Write down the BIOS version of your system and do a detailed search on Google.
- You will get detail info and methods relating to update BIOS to the latest version.
- Just follow every instruction on internet to update the BIOS.
- If you don’t know what you are doing, then update your BIOS to the latest version with the help of expert.
- Otherwise you may be in need to replace your system due to wrong update of BIOS version.
7) Run a RAM / Memory Test To Fix: Kmode Exception Not Handled
- At the end, you need to conduct a RAM / Memory test.
- With RAM Diagnostic Test, You will sell your RAM is creating problems with your system or not.
- In case, if any error result in RAM test, you need to replace your RAM to get rid of this KMode Exception Not Handled in windows OS.
- First of all, type “Administrative Tools” without commas in windows start menu search and hit enter.
- Administrative tools will display.
(You can also show Administrative Tools by opening Control Panel and write in search at the top right corner of Control Panel)
- Open Windows Memory Diagnostic from the bottom display files.
- It gives you two options to check your computer for memory problems.
- First save all your work and restart now to diagnose memory error.
- Second option to run a memory test next time when you will restart your computer after finishing your problem.
- If this memory test gave you some sort of error, then you need to replace your RAM to get rid of this error from your system.
Fix: Kmode Exception Not Handled – Final Summary
So here is a quick recap to refresh your memory:
- Disable Fast Startup
- Update Faulty Driver to the latest version
- Disable / Remove Faulty Driver or Software
- Repair Corrupted System Files
- Hardware Incompatibility
- Update BIOS to the latest version
- Run a RAM / Memory Test
This guide illustrates all possible methods to Fix: Kmode Exception Not Handled.
Go ahead and try to apply any above method to sort out your BSOD error on your computer screen.
If you find this article useful, please give your comments below to provide feedback and updates.